Saturday 23 June 2012

The Long Goodbye part 6 - Kaspi School



Saturday 23rd June 2012

Our last working day was Tuesday 12th June and so consisted on "Goodbye" Lessons.  I felt a little sad as I was just getting into the swing of things and would have liked to have continued to build on what I had learned about them all.  But in truth, I have done my time here and am looking forward to our next adventures.  Maybe if we had no real plans it would have been different.  I felt very, very sad at leaving the children in the village as I was very attached to them but possibly with a much bigger school in Kaspi, those attachments are slower to development. I will miss my lazy boys from the younger years and my year 6 groups certainly.  I was given bunches of lillies and roses from all classes!

In terms of lesson content - games were the order of the day - games and singing!  With year 3a my favourite little lazy boy is Giorgi (front right) a handsome boy who has ants in his pants.  The girls in this class were particularly conscientious and far better than many of the older students.

Goodbye year 3a!
Year 2b were also a good class but with only 1 lesson a week with them I didn't develop a strong attachment.
Goodbye Year 2b!
 Year 3b had a very broad ability mix and were hard to teach.
Goodbye Year 3b!
The year 5a class were boisterous and charming.  The more active activities I could find for them to do, the better!  Lessons always seemed to work well with this class.  They didn't get tired of the activity below where they had to choose one of the actions on the board and act it out so that the class could guess what it was.  There were lots of great kids in this class who were enthusiastic and responsive!
Last Lesson - Can you guess what I'm doing?

Goodbye Year 5a!

Goodbye year 6b!
With my year 6 classes I showed a youtube clip about making Seaside Rock.  Many of you reading this probably wont know about it either, but it is a great tradition in coastal towns in England where seaside rock is sold to the day-trippers and holiday makers to take home as a treat or as gifts for friends.  The stick of sweetness has a core of letters that spell the name of the town throughout it.  So after the video and a slide show of photos from Southend-on-Sea we chopped up some genuine seaside rock and they had all had a bit!
Lesson for today - How to make seaside rock and then eat it!

The Jury's out! Natia and Ani are considering the merits of seaside rock.

Koba and Luka give seaside rock the thumbs up!

Thumbs up from all but Giorgi who just wants to
write in the answers from the test they just had
.

Goodbye Year 6a!


Goodbye some more year 6a!

No idea what this young lady is doing lol!

A final picture was taken outside the school gates as we said more goodbyes.  Unfortunately for Maka she had to come over later that day to mediate with the landlords as to how much we owed them!



Goodbye Maria, Tamta and Maka!
Goodbye Tamta and Maria!


No comments:

Post a Comment